Sunday, November 14, 2010

New Cleaver

I picked this baby up yesterday.  My old black handled one is getting a bit long in the tooth.  I'm having a hard time keeping a good edge on it so I decided to splurge and get a new smaller one.  I like having a big cleaver (Mr. Shinny) for certain jobs and a smaller one for day to day things.



The big one can tire you out if you have a long day of prep if you are not used to using such a heavy knife but it does build up your arm!

Here is what it looked like coming from my local Asian market.  It was only $9!  Such a deal.
Here is the older big one and my new one side by side.  Doesn't look all that much smaller, but the weight is different.  I love the characters on the blade.  Have to find someone to translate it for me.

Here is the funniest thing, the first think I cut with this knife?  A quesadilla I made for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment