Thursday, November 11, 2010

dumplings

Add caption
Some good dumplings sound great right about now.  But when don't they?  These little beauties were at the Condor in Oxford, right by the rail station.  I'm sure you can find some great dumplings and other treats near your house or make your own if you are far from a good chinese restaurant or dim sum house.  Also look for tea houses, they are popping up in more and more places and they will have such little treats as well.

They are not to hard and a great treat.  I'll have to put up the way I make some varieties soon.  Just need some pictures of the process.  This book has good ideas but can be a challenge to work with,Chinese Dim Sum (Chinese Edition), because the english parts are a bit sparse, but on the other hand it has good step by step directions.  Not really for the beginner but I've used it for years.  Just ask my friends about the "four flavor dumplings" I got out of this book as to the crazy things inside of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment