Thursday, December 23, 2010

Key West


Earlier this mouth Mr. Choppy and some friends went down to Key West.  There is the drunken crazy Key West but there is also the Key West of old homes, quiet streets, and good food.  I've reviewed a number of places and posted to my Yelp! page.  So here is the link to go check those out key west on yelp.  I'm planing on updating some of them and adding one or two more but Key West as a foodie destination is one of my favorites.

I also encountered two great wines on this trip.  A 2006 Bonarda from Finca El Reposo and 2009 Altos Las Hormigas Malbec.  I would love to get you a link to the altos web site but it seems to be down.  Taking a quick online both of these are available in the $9 to $10 range.  While I paid restaurant prices when I tried them, I would say they are well worth tracking down at this price point and getting a case.  Here is an interesting page about Bonarda in general that I'm now going to go and spend some time reading as I love many of the Argentinean wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment